Every year in April, the Tanzhaus Bonn hosts
the SwingIn Festival.
Look forward to over 50 hours of workshops at different levels with international trainers.
Enjoy an unrivaled dance atmosphere at three nightly West Coast Swing Parties until the early hours.
Be mesmerized by the shows and competitions, join in the excitement or win great prizes yourself.
Start the day relaxed with our morning routines, such as yoga.
On our website you will find all information about our upcoming event HERE!
Impressions of our events that have already taken place can be found HERE (a small photo gallery with the best pictures from last year?)
We look forward to you!
Your Tanzhaus Bonn team
In 2024 we again offer an incomparable West Coast Swing experience.
WHERE? Tanzhaus Bonn in Bonn
WHO? Everyone interested in or fan of West Coast Swing
TICKETS? Ticketing starts 16.12.2023 at 12:00 CET
PRICES? Look at the ticket section
QUESTIONS? Write fabian.stein [at] tanzhaus-bonn.de or give us a call
GROUPS? Write Fabian Stein to announce a group
- GOLD – for our newer Westies and soon to be social kings and queens. You will need some WCS basics (Sugar Push, Left Side Pass and Underarmturn) and some beginner knowledge of slot and connection.
- SILBER – for our more advanced Westies. You should dance this dance for approximately two years already. You will need more complex version of the basics (for example: Open Whips, Rock and Go´s, combinations).
- BRONZE – This level focuses on competition related content. Aiming at more advanced techniques and details you will need 16 WSDC Novice points at least to participate.
- ADVANCED/ALL-STAR – This level contains two two hour intensive workshops (one on Saturday, one on Sunday.) It is necessary to be WSDC Advanced level or higher, minimum of 30 WSDC Intermediate points.
- BABY BIRD – Our Baby Birds are soon to be Westies. In a six-hour course they will learn the fundamentals of West Coast Swing. With those they will be able to dive into all our parties right away.
To build the we find an audition workshop to be the best option possible. This is an All-Level Workshop for each participant. The content will be decided by our teachers based on what is relevant in their upcoming workshops. While our dancers will learn from one of our couples the other wristbands. Like this even a participation in bronze is possible for dancers who have never before taken any competition.
are wonderful pieces of art made by Barbara Oliva-Lanza from Montpellier, France. They are designed and crafted by hand for us specifically. of that we have some for other events that are working with us. For example, we had people winning passes for „WSDC Winter White West Coast Swing”, “WSDC Westie Spring Thing” and “Symphony Swing”.
Bar & Buffet
Tanzhaus Bonn is proud of its huge bar area offering all sorts of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and food. Our two areas invite you to sit and relax while enjoying our cocktails. Our team is carefully looking out for all your needs to make your stay as pleasing as possible. So, have a seat and chose whatever you like from our special SwingIn-Festival menu.
As we already did for our first edition, we offer a buffet provided by a local restaurant. All food on the buffet is delicious, vegetarian and beautifully served by our team.
You can book your buffet ticket online with your festival ticket.
Menu from 2022:
- Falafel with mint dip (vegetarian)
- Seasonal salad with homemade dressing (vegetarian/vegan)
- Homemade bread with two sorts of dips
- Seasonal vegetables (vegan/vegetarian)
- Homemade vegetable strudel (vegetarian)
- Gnocchi-vegetable dish (vegan/vegetarian)
- Wild rice
- Chocolate mousse
- Fruit salad
SwingIn-Festival is proud of the yearly switching team of extraordinary instructors from allk over the world. Even for our first edition weh ad instructors from France, Poland, Brasil, Norway and Hungary. They proved to provide the best possible learning experience to our students
Our focus lies within chosing great instructors with a high social context. All our teachers are wonderful social dancers getting into contact with everyone at the parties. Our philosphy: Sharing the joy oft he dance with whoever makes you happy, no matter the level!
Additional info regarding our teacher line up you can find on the website approximately half a year before the event starts.
We are proud of our versatile DJ team. With our head DJ, Ken Knipphals, Germany, we provide the best mix of music possible with DJs from all over the world. As every DJ has its own specialty the music is going to be versatile, leaving no one not moving. So: Everyone will find their favourite set!
As we want to support younger DJs as well, we try to make their appearance on the dance floor possible. If you are a newer DJ, just send word.
As our DJs will play music on two dance floors simultaneously the participants can choose whichever set they like best or just keep on switching the dance floor because all music is moving their bodies.
Such as our teachers you can read all on our DJ line up on our website for the upcoming edition.